Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Salmon nails: Julep Alicia and Zoya Chloe

I'm so happy the weather is warm, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the kids can play outside!  And I'm so happy to start wearing lighter nail colors.  I personally love turquoise, teal, sea foam green and anything shiny or sparkly (insert appropriate dumb brunette joke here).  But I'm also a huge fan of pink and coral.  


I received Julep Alicia from my March Maven box.  Are you a Maven yet?  If not you should be, here's a link to see what your style profile is.  I'm an American Beauty!  So back to Alicia, she is a very pretty salmon creme.  Here is how Julep describer her, "Sunny salmon, perfect for beach pedicures and fresh, modern manicures."  Alicia was a bit streaky with the first layer, and kind of thick with the second.  Mind you I did rush through the paint job to get to my mom duties.  


I was looking through my box of untrieds and spotted Zoya Chloe…AH-HA!!  Perfect combo.  Chloe is a beautiful flakie in a coral base.  Here is Zoya's description of  Chloe, sheer coral pink base with two types of duochrome Mylar flakes: red-orange to gold and gold-green to blue."  Looking at my nails while I type I have to say yup and yup.  Chloe makes Alicia glow!  Chloe was also very easy to apply and lays down smooth.


So here are my salmon nails.  I really like the way they turned out - mildly bright, spring color, and iridescent.  













1 comment: