Sunday, May 6, 2012

Are Mermaids Real? + Full Spectrum

Good morning!  Today I am wearing a fun purple french style mani!  It's fun, it's purple and it's sparkly.  


I'll start with Are Mermaids Real? by Spoiled - a line created by Wet n Wild.  There is a huge range of colors, but the one that has always caught my eye is Are Mermaids Real?  AMR? is a beautiful medium toned purple with heavy gold shimmer.  It's a really beautiful combination and a unique polish, at least in my collection.  I used 2 coats of AMR? to reach full coverage.  My only qualm with this polish - not so much this polish in particular, but the entire Spoiled line, is that the brush is awful.  It's HUGE!  It is the widest brush I have ever used, it's literally wider than my pinkie nail.  So you have to be careful to not paint your skin.  


I wanted to bling it up (as usual) and decided to paint sparkle tips.  I used China Glaze Full Spectrum from the new-ish Prismatics line.  Full Spectrum is a purple shimmer with small green and silver glitter pieces.  It's really beautiful and sparkly.  And it goes really well with ARM?!  I free handed the french tips, using 2 coats of FS.  Then I topped it all off with a coat of out the door topcoat.  


Good news about these polishes - you can get China Glaze Prismatics at beauty supply stores like Sally's and Ulta for around $7.  Spoiled is at CVS for $1.99.










3 comments:

  1. Strange, I would expect mermaids to be slight more aqua, but I love this purple anyway!
    and I think the combo with the holo really upgrades the look!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True I don't think of purple when I think mermaid. But it's still a beautiful color!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete