Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Stamping!


The other day I was cruising through the beauty section in my local Ross store and I happened upon a stamping kit for $6.99.  This isn't the first time I have seen it, but this is the time I decided to buy it and give it a whirl.  I'm so glad I did because the darn thing actually worked!  Not a bad find for the price!  If you see one I highly suggest you purchase it and play around with learning to stamp!

I started my mani with 2 coats of Catrice King of Greens, which was a polish included in a swap package from my friend Dulce at Miminihos Que Eu Gosto.  This is a beautiful green with a green/gold shimmer.  The formula was slightly think, but not hard to work with.  I could have gotten away with 1 coat, but because I am so used to using 2 I did just that.  

For my next step I sponged 2 coats of OPI Catch Me In Your Net on my tips.  CMIYN was a very exciting birthday surprise from my good friend Gina at My Dirty Little Obsessions.  CMIYN is a a stunna!  It's blue-teal with teal glass flecks.  It's a polish that is slightly hard to find, but it also has a few dupes (Zoya Charla, Jesse's Girl Glee).  I was afraid this color would be sheer when I used it, hence why I layered it.  But I think layering it over the green took away from the pretty blue and made it a more green glass fleck polish.  Live and learn, right?  

Finally I used a black to stamp a design on all my nails.  The design reminds me of one of those weeds you pick up, bow all the little floaty pieces off and make a wish.  

So have you tried stamping?  What do you think of my first attempt at it?










Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Really cool. Did you use a special stamping polish? If not, I recomend You try it :-)

    ReplyDelete