Friday, August 17, 2012

Let's Go Crazy

Dearly Beloved…we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.  Deborah Lippmann named her Nordstrom Annual Sale exclusive polish Let's Go Crazy.  If you didn't catch the reference, it's after the Prince song Let's Go Crazy. 
 
I missed LGC the first time it was available on the Nordstrom website.  I was sad indeed.  Then I saw it reappear one day with a shipping date a few weeks out.  Since I just couldn't miss it again, unless I wanted to cry glittery tears, and had a Nordstrom Note to use I couldn't pass it up.  When LGC arrived at my door I did a little happy dance and introduced him to his siblings.  True story.

Here are the deets on LGC.  It's a purple jelly like base, so dark that in some lights it's almost a black.  In the sunlight you can see that it's a sheer purple.  LGC is also packed to the brim with glitter.  Mostly consisting of medium and small hexs in a variety of colors: blue, green, gold, fuchsia.  But there is so much glitter the polish is quite gloppy and thick.  It was pretty hard to spread due to it's thickness, but there was no drag.  LGC covered the nail evenly as well.  I probably don't even have to say it but I will.  The glitter came out easily and in plentitude.  I didn't have my Gelous with me, but it probably would have hidden the textured feeling of the polish.  I used 2 coats of topcoat.

I didn't love Let's Go Crazy like I thought I would.  It was so thick it was hard to use.  Now I'm sad again.  Do you have Let's Go Crazy? What do you think of it?




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I think I might need it - just because of the name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted it, and then I looked at a bunch of swatches online and didn't know for sure. I keep going back and forth. I'll see a really pretty swatch (like this) and want it - but then I'll see another and think it may be overrated... hmmmm - decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete