Sunday, February 17, 2013

Shimmer Polish Natalie + China Glaze Rainstorm

You know I love jelly sandwiches.  They are awesome.  I don't think I do them enough so I think I need to remedy that with a jelly sandwich post right now.  First off, I don't know that I would really qualify China Glaze rainstorm as a jelly, so this is just a polish sandwich.  But Rainstorm is very pretty…a cornflower blue with purple shimmer and bright blue glowing glitters.  It's very sheer so that's why it works.  I used 2 coats of Rainstorm as a base.  

I then used 1 coat of Shimmer Polish Natalie on top.  Natalie is a very pretty neutral colored glitter polish.  Not so much nude, but more natural colors - such as copper, blue, green, gold…colors you would see in nature.  It's a very pretty combination of color and I am full on digging it.  Just like all the other Shimmers I have reviewed, the formula was wonderful.  The glitter comes out of the bottle easily and in plenitude.  It lays perfectly flat on the nail.  But to make it a true "sandwich" I added 1 more layer of Rainstorm.  I then finished the mani off with 1 layer of top coat.  I was inspired by my friend Jacki at Adventures in Acetone because back in the fall she used this same China Glaze to make a sandwich.  Check it out here!

So what do you think of my sandwich?  You can follow Shimmer Polish on Facebook and the Shimmer Polish Blog.  You can purchase Natalie and other sparkly creations from the Shimmer Polish Etsy store.

Please give me a follow me on Facebook!







shade


shade

*the Shimmer Polish was provided for my honest opinion and review 
Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment