Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Super Black Lacquers Drunk Dial

Good morning polish friends!  Today is the 3rd and final day of my Super Black Lacquers reviews.  I previously swatched and reviewed The Whale (you can see it HERE) and Purdy (you can see it HERE).  I really enjoyed reviewing this brand.  The polishes are beautiful and well made and Natalie was very nice to chat with.  If you are looking for an indie to try out I would suggest you give SBL a try!  You can look at my previous posts for more information or you can head over to www.superblacklacquers.com for polish details and purchasing.  SBL is also on Facebook.  

Drunk Dial took me by surprise.  I didn't realize it was a jelly, let alone a jelly sandwich formula!  Drunk Dial is a "sheer magenta polish accented with orange, red, and holographic yellow glitters."  The first coat was tell-tale jelly formula with a very sheer first coat.  Surprisingly the 2nd coat gave great coverage and I liked the look so I left it alone.  The formula and application were great and I have no issues to bring up.  Natalie recommends using a layer of topcoat but I found DD to be very glossy on it's own and the pictures below are with no topcoat.  









And now because I thought it would be really pretty, and I was right….Drunk Dial with matte topcoat. I used 1 layer of Essie Matte About You and wow!  Look at how pretty it is!  I loved how it turned out and the feel of the matte topcoat is kind of addicting.  







*this polish was provided for my honest opinion and review

Pin It
Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color and great pics! And I love it matte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I think I actually prefer it matte which is odd for me bc I LOVE jellies!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it really it a lovely polish! TY for reading my post and checking out my pictures! <3

      Delete