Monday, January 20, 2014

CrowsToes SPAM Post!

Good Morning!  You know I love SPAM posts and I have a great one for you today!  I've been a fan of CrowsToes for quite a while now and the most recent collections have been amazing!  


This beauty is Tiki Torch!  Tiki Torch is from the One Mad Crazy Summer collection from 2013.  I fell in love with it on my nails, it was just so pretty and squishy!  Described as a "jellied purple lightly dusted with fiery sparks."  I used 4 layers of Tiki Torch to build up as much coverage as possible - but as you know jellies usually have visible nail line.  The formula and application were both great, smooth, squishy, shiny.  I love the berry and gold holo sparkles floating in the magenta base color!  Such a great combination.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.








This is Murder By #'s.  I'm not sure which collection Murder By #'s comes from, but I believe it's one of the earlier colors by CrowsToes.  It's a beautiful "aubergine purple with emerald green duo chrome shimmer, fine silver holo glitter and green glitter in different sizes."  I did find the formula a little thin on this one so I used 3 coats for optimal coverage and color shifting ability.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  *side note - this color has been discontinued but there is still some availbility at Llarowe.









Last Rat Standing is also from the One Mad Crazy Summer collection from 2013.  Last Rat Standing is a gorgeous "multicolored shimmer packed taupe."  It's a perfect neutral color that can be worn for so many occasions.  And the shimmer?  Get outta here!  I see berry, gold, blue and blue shimmer most prominently but check out my macro - what colors do you see that I might have missed?  The formula was very smooth and easy flowing.  The first coat was pretty sheer but it built up well in 4 coats.  I used 1 layer of topcoat.  









This lovely, glowy, sparkly brown glitter masterpiece is A Christmas Crow.  This beauty came from the 2012 Holiday collection.  A Christmas Crow is a gorgeous chocolatey brown base with gold and red sparkles.  The sparkle on this beauty was really something spectacular.  I used 3 coats for maximum richness and depth.  The formula was fantastic.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  









Another gorgeous creation from the One Mad Crazy Summer collection of 2013, One Trick Pony is a "purple/green multi chrome holo."  It's beautiful and such a "Jen" polish it's ridiculous!  The linear holo is just the perfect medium strength.  I didn't see much of the shift but that's ok because the purple on it's own was stunning.  I found the formula of One Trick Pony to be amazing, it was nice and creamy and covered perfectly in 2 coats.  I did not use any topcoat for One Trick Pony.  









And bringing up the end of the post is the fabulous Wonder Woman!  Wonder Woman is from an unnamed collection that debuted in the summer of 2012.  Wonder Woman is a fun mix of gold, white, blue and red glitters in a clear base.  The colors perfectly represent the character.  I found that the glitters were all smaller in size and they were very easy to get out of the bottle.  Each brush dip provided me with a plethora of glitter that spread easily and evenly on my nails.  This baby is super sparkly!  I used 2 coats of Wonder Woman over One Trick Pony.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  *side note - Wonder Woman was discontinued and has since been replaced by an updated version called My Favorite Amazon.





Pin It
Instagram

3 comments: