Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pretty Jelly: Bullet Rouge, Diamond S-teal-er & Dream Cloud

Happy first day of 2014!  I hope you made it to midnight to celebrate and didn't feel too cruddy today (if you celebrated too much that is).  I wasn't going to post anything but I felt like I just wouldn't be starting off the year right so here I am, almost 6:00 pm, typing up a post.  I have a couple lovely Pretty Jelly holos to share with you.  All were very pretty colors, with great formulas.  I definitely want to try more from this brand and look forward to what Pretty Jelly has in store for 2014.  I do believe there is a currently a sale so make sure you head over to the shop and check it out!  
Sale info: code OLD13 for 15% off $25+ orders.  Code NEW14 for 25% off $75+ orders.  Sale ends on 1/5/14.

Pretty Jelly: Shop, Facebook, Twitter

From the Glamorous Thief collection, Bullet Rouge is a pretty "magenta-red holographic polish" has "sparkly pigments that give it extra sparkle in addition to the holographic prism."  I very much enjoyed color and the tightly scattered holo in Bullet Rouge.  You can see that it literally glows in some of the pictures.  The formula was great, easy to apply with no issues to bring up.  The brush is a bit on the skinny/small side, but that has no effect on the polish.  I used 2 coats and no topcoat.  






Diamond S-teal-er is another lovely holo from the Glamorous Thief collection.  It has the same "sparkly pigments" as Bullet Rouge and is simply described as a "teal holographic polish."  Diamond S-teal-er is another tightly scattered holo but you can see the tiny holo sparkles more easily in this one.  Another great formula and application here.  I used 2 coats and no topcoat.  






Finally we've come to my favorite of this post, Dream Cloud.  As far as I can tell Dream Cloud isn't part of any collection.  It's described as a "cool slate grey holo" that "looks like a storm cloud of ideas."  I love that description as much as I love the polish.  Dream Cloud is more of a light linear holo.  Formula was a little more thin than Bullet Rouge or Diamond S-teal-er.  The first coat of Dream Cloud was a little sheer so I used 3 coats to build up the richness of the color.  Application was great.  No topcoat used.  




LOOK at all the colors in the macro!  

Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty stuff at this store....

    Funny thing, if a brush is not flat, I tend to keep turning it looking for the flat side, lol.

    Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete