Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rescue Beauty Lounge SPAM!

Hello hello!  I am back this morning with more SPAM!  I really hope you like these kinds of posts because I sure like working on them!  It's so much fun to feature one brand in a big way and try out loads of my polish that needs some love.  Today's SPAM is Rescue Beauty Lounge.  RBL is one of the higher end boutique polishes.  Boutique sits somewhere between mainstream and indie - don't ask me the details because I barely understand it myself.   All you need to know with this post is - HELLO - RBL makes some very lovely polish!  Let's take a look, ok?

Rescue Beauty Lounge: Shop, Facebook. Instagram, Twitter

Reveillon is from the Fan Collection 2.0 and is a gorgeous "cool, silver-toned blue (more silver than blue)."  I loved this shade.  Reveillon has loads of pink shimmer and blue sparkles.  I used 2 easy coats and the formula was fantastic.  Application was smooth and easy.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.   






Coquette is another polish from the Fan Collection 2.0.  I see Coquette as a perfect blend of coral and pink with lovely silvery shimmer.  This one might very well be my favorite in this post.  I love how girly and demure Coquette is.  But it's a perfect every day color and will work so perfectly for the spring and summer months!  Coquette had a fabulous crelly like formula and great application.  I used 2 coats and 1 layer of topcoat.  






Here it is...Aqua Lily.  Many a polish fanatics holy grail.  I completely understand why, it's gorgeous.  Most recently released in the Bring It Back 4, Aqua Lily was inspired by the Maldives, Aqua Lily mimics the "turquoise water is a crystal-clear sea green" with a "shimmery-pink hue."  It's truly a fabulous color.  The pink shimmer is so strong in my opinion it really makes the polish something special!  I used 3 easy and smooth coats for full and perfect coverage.  Sadly, Aqua Lily is an RBL RIP color.  






This "dark mossy green pond" polish with a "glittering cast of copper shimmer" is Turn It Around.  Turn It Around is part of the Emoting Me collection.  Isn't Turn It Around a beautiful and unique color?  When I first saw the preview I knew I must have it!  Once on my nails it didn't disappoint!  The chunky copper (and pink) shimmer really stands out against the green base.  The formula was nice, a little sheer. Application was good.  I used 3 coats and 1 layer of topcoat.   Turn It Around is currently on the RBL RIP list.  






Moving along to another oldie but goodie - this is the original Scrangie.  Scrangie is a "tinted purple with an iridescent blue-green shimmer."  I found the color of Scrangie really lovely, but the shimmer was a bit heavy for my personal taste.  The first coat applied sheer but in 3 coats it had built up to full coverage.  Scrangie is another RBL RIP color.  






I have another purple to share and this one is bright and beautiful!  Pause is another polish from the Emoting Me collection.  Pause is a "multi-faceted mid-violet" with same tone and fuchsia shimmer.  I love this royal purple color.  This was another one that was high on my list for favorites for this review set.  The formula and application of Pause were both amazing.  Pause is such a rich color.  I used 2 coats for cull coverage and 1 layer of topcoat.  






Pin It
Instagram

6 comments:

  1. We have similar RBL tastes! I agree, Pause and Turn Around were the stars of Emoting Me. I think I love Coquette on you the most! It;s gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great shades! There all so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS swatches Jen! This makes me realize I want to wear them all again, especially Reveillon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reveillon & Aqua Lily are OMG.. I think I need these to be my first RBL polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful swatches, Jen! I have been debating on Coquette--now I'm sure I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Aqua Lily as much as always! and Scrangie and and Pause are tempting. very me colours!

    ReplyDelete