Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Earth Day Skittlette (a day late and a buck short)

Yeah, Earth Day was yesterday but I went out to lunch with my mom and then shopping for a little belated birthday celebrating.  And then if you can believe it, I put my boys to bed then layed down with Naomi and passed out at 8:00.  No joke.  So I didn't get around to posting my Earth Day mani yesterday.  But here they are in their full green glory!  Let's take a look.

Different Dimension: Shop, Llarowe, Facebook, Instagram,
Rimmel London: Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

I started this mani off with Enchanted Polish March 2014.  Whoa I'm loving this polish!  March 2014 sits somewhere between lime and olive.  It is an uber linear holo!  It's amazingly pretty! It's kind of a metallic finish holo.  As I'm sitting here on my couch I can see turquoise and gold sparkles shining inside the holo.  I used 2 coats for full coverage, but if you are a heavy handed painter 1 coat should do it!  Formula and application were both flawless!  I then did my accent and thumb nails with Different Dimension Money.  Money is a milky based polish that's full of turquoise, green black and silver circles, tiny gold squares, yellow hexs and holo green micro glitter.  It's the perfect blend of colors for Earth Day!  Formula and application were both great.  The milky base was easy to work with and built up to full coverage in 3 layers.  Plenty of glitter came out with no fishing needed.  Finally I used Rimmel London Sweetie Crush in Fizzy Appleicious.  Fizzy Appleicious is a very soft, pastel green texture polish.  It was actually lighter than I expected from the display pictures, but it's grown on my and it's perfect for the pastel craze that always comes around this time of year.  It applied very thin so I used 3 coats to build it up.  The formula was easy to work with.  I finished all nails (except the texture nails) with 1 layer of topcoat.







Pin It
Instagram

3 comments: