Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tinkerbell 10K & My Pirate Fairy Zarina Mani!

Good afternoon dears!  If you are an avid follower of my Instagram or Facebook page you know that I spent last weekend in Disneyland to participate in the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon Weekend.  I was lucky enough to find a bib for the 10K late in the game as everything was sold out.  I was very happy to get into the race again this year and had an absolute blast!  I even had a pretty great race time!  6.2 miles in 57:20.  It's a very crowded race so it's quite difficult to PR (personal record) in a Disney race and this was my second fastest run recorded on my RunKeeper app.  Pretty good even though I had to weave and zig zag though other runners for the first 2 miles.  Anywho, yes I was tired, yes my legs were a bit sore (more uphills than I expected) but I walked away wishing I had signed up for the 1/2 or even the Pixie Dust Challenge - both the 10K and the 1/2 totaling 19.3 miles.  Next time!  Until then here's my costume, nails and pictures from race day!  

I decided to dress up as Pirate Fairy Zarina from The Pirate Fairy movie.  


Here's my "flat" Zarina costume.  


And here's my mani with my daughters Zarina doll. 

My Nail Polish Obsession Pirate Fairy Zarina Nails

I remembered to get a few pictures of my all mani while in the park.  I was actually in line for California Screamin with my middle child.  I love how my nails turned out, even thought my Jolly Roger pirate skull is off center.

My Nail Polish Obsession Pirate Fairy Zarina Nails

I used a-England Dragon (green), a-england Holy Grail (gold), Sheswai Honeyfox (red), KBShimmer Sun & Games (gold glitter) and basic black and white polishes for the art.  

My Nail Polish Obsession Pirate Fairy Zarina Nails

My Nail Polish Obsession Pirate Fairy Zarina Nails

I had to get up at 3:30am to get to the race in time.  It was dark and cold and I was so tired. It's hard to get a good night's rest when you know you have something to do early the next day.  I think the excitement kept me awake.


Pre-race selfie.  See, still dark out.  Thankfully the adrenaline was already going so I wasn't as cold at this point.  


Race time!  


Announcers wishing us all a great race.  


Super blurry shot of running down Main Street.  The castle is in the background.  Sorry, I was running, best I could do.  LOL.  I actually didn't stop for any pictures with characters or photo op spots.  I was focused on finishing with a descent time.


Another blurry run-by pic of Lightning McQueen & Mater in Radiator Springs.  Running through the parks is the best part of the race. I'm glad they were at the end of the race this time instead of the beginning.  Helped push me through to the finish line.  


I ran backwards to get this pic of me coming up to the 6 mile marker!  Yeah, kind of dangerous as there was a big box that I easily could have tripped over.  Thank goodness I didn't!  


Another blurry running pic - this is the finish line!  They announce names as you are approaching the finish line.  And there are characters lined up to high five you!  


I stopped RunKeeper a bit after crossing the finish line so it show's my time a little off.  But I wanted to share the course!  



DONE!  Got my Gatorade, banana and MEDAL!  


Feeling pretty accomplished at this point!  


One more picture showing off my medal.  


And my #runmani.  I use this hashtag on my Instagram page to share my mani's when I go running.  I thought it would be fun to share this one holding the medal instead of my usual post holding my water bottle.  

My Nail Polish Obsession #runmani

Treated myself to beignets and coffee from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express.  I'm sure it won't surprise you to hear I ate them all.  And I was even hungry again almost right after.  Well that was my journey through the Tinkerbell 10K!  Hope you enjoyed it!



Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment